MWD Field Supervisor
Supervise directional drilling operations on the rig site so that the desired directional well path and target objectives are achieved. Successful candidates should have previous Field experience as a Directional Driller in an oilfield operations environment along with well-developed communication skills across product lines.
- Provide on-site supervision of the Directional Drilling (DD) process including projection of well path to pre-determined target.
- Under minimal supervision provide resolution to a diverse scope and range of complex problems at the well site where analysis of data requires having a broad knowledge of the product line’s tool(s) and/or service.
- Perform pre-drilling analysis on drilling parameters.
- Control well bore paths, figuring survey computations, bit hydraulics, rate of penetration, and bottom hole assemblies.
- Maintain a complete listing of all directional tools and survey equipment on location.
- Proficient in the use of DD computer software, providing advice/analysis to the client representative on site.
- Fully conversant with client’s requirements regarding well clearance, proximity and surveying procedures. Generate and distribute concise daily DD reports.
- Ensure a full and proper BHA performance report is completed for each BHA run.
- Conduct all business activities in accordance with Enseco Energy Service’s HSE policies.
- 3-5 years of onsite rig work experience
- Extensive knowledge with directional drilling procedures as well as Drilling Systems Products and Service
- Strong communication, organization, troubleshooting and teamwork skills
- Clean Driving record, valid driver's license and ability to pass ATF background screen
- Available to be on call 24x7
- Ability to work in remote locations for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions.